segunda-feira, 15 de setembro de 2008

Weekend and so

Doug Funny mode: on

13

Waking up is never an easy task on a saturday morning - specially after a disappointing friday-night-cinema with the latest (and also second-worst) Nicholas Cage movie - Something in Bangkok. I went to class after missing two weeks (first due to tiredness and second due to theft) and realized that I missed not as much as I thought. At least something to soothe the belatedness idea that somehow keeps haunting my life. Later on I went to Boituva for a friend's birthday party with a couple of friend of my own - no, they are not a couple with each other (thank God). So we went, three boys and nothing but a road ahead - this scene was rather nostalgic since it also happened five years ago in, what I deem as one of the best trips I ever had until now. Despite the repeated group, I must say that it felt completely different, after all so much has changed since then, so much has happened. And I was specially happy to see that we get along just as well, or dare I say, even better. In the party I met with some other friends and we spent all the time eating, chatting and laughing our heads off - as one of them said, nothing is more effective against stress than laughing. Back to the big city, there was time for a quick coffee with sight-seeing and meeting this already-accompanied-but-totally-would-you-please-marry-me-now gal in the subway. We were making plans to eat a pizza but we were also way too tired for all that. So instead of dinner, I preferred a ride home. And so, I slept within 1 minute and 13 seconds after I entered my room.

14

After a long-enough night of heavy sleep, woke up early and decided to do nothing for the rest of the day. It was almost 9 o'clock and I started to watch some downloaded tv series (mainly "japanese dramas") and by 11 I thought it would be a nice idea to go to my old man's house to watch the game and also spend some time on the road, enjoying loneliness and taking sometime to think with a better view other than my room's wall. It was cold, but somewhere inbetween it became sunny, the sky was fantastically blue and no clouds to get in the way ('oh how I wish I could fly', said the boy). No traffic, intense wind, open road - despite the abusive toll fees, nothing like spending some "speedy" time behind the wheels to leave small thoughts behind. Second day in-a-row that I was hitting the road - what might seem a busy weekend for anyone was a signal of "awareness need" for my paranoid mind. Nevertheless, just kept going also leaving the red light and buzz aside. Spent some quality time together, talked as much as we could and went out for dinner. Silence mixed with darkness filled the car in the way back - the wisest idea was to keep quiet as well. Arrived home at 10-something and kept the internet chit-chat going until 1 AM. Mind at ease, all recovered. Even so, insomnia. Whenever a week ends, the inevitable wondering comes knocking on my head's door. Right path or am I only getting my legs tired?

15

Quite a dull nothing-running-out-of-the-mill gray-skied day with a crappy traffic after a crappy sleep. Things went smooth during the morning, after all there was no way that my head would race in a monday morning. I am too "garfieldish" for that. So we had lunch in a cheap-sort-of-creepy-spot and my colleague had to drop by a drugstore. My mind was elsewhere, thinking of my bed, thinking of vacations, thinking on nothing at all and then she showed up. 1.65m, long beautiful dark hair, dark eyes, dark blouse under an also dark tailleur, broad smile and annoying voice - a typical something-japanese mestiza. Reality downed on me and, before I got control of my senses, there I was, staring at her profile - and my mind was not as blank at it should be, probably. She was nearly a good-looking woman - at least for another regular male. Old habits die hard. Sometimes they don't die at all.

Doug Funny mode: off

Um comentário:

dicionarista-embaçado disse...

I got yourself a condition.

That's it. Next costume party, I'm a Gueixa!