sexta-feira, 17 de outubro de 2008

Too tired for fury

1.
Sometimes the glass is half-full (when in wednesday, you think there are only two days to saturday), sometimes is half-empty (when in wednesday, you think there are still two days to saturday) and sometimes the glass is broken and you just stepped on it (when in wednesday, you are upset because there are only 4 days to next monday). When you're not excited even on fridays, something has got to be wrong - glass broken, stepped on it and now I have to walk in salt and lemon to get back home. Superb.

2.
It surely feels like hell-on-earth lately. The temperature is around 30-35ºC everyday, and inside the mandatory corporate straitjacket, I bet it rises to around 45ºC. Sometimes the weather agrees with our life moment. No, it´s nothing like "rainy days and mondays always bring me down" - although I do agree with the "mondays" part. To be honest, it seems that my week is composed of 5 mondays and then the weekend. And the straitjackets are the walls of this place that can surely bring a grown man down. What to say about a growing one? I have the inbetween.

3.
And my arms are not turning into salt and giant ants are not eating the flesh out of my scalp. What also bothers me is that the faith index is just as stable as the stock market.

4.
We are changing our location here in the building - up we go, 5 floors above. While boxing all the documents and labeling stuff, I wished I could box me out of here. But then again, I must be able to think out of the box. And I am out of stamina and box-expressions. And it's quite "nice" when you don't know whether you have another day or not - I also hate the feeling of not knowing where (and when) to go, even if it is inside the building.

5.
I wonder why I don't fit in. Maybe it is because I don't dance according to the song. The legs sometimes get tired of walking my way on this weird path. I don't do like the romans in Rome. Not that I am trying to make a revolution or impose my way over others. I just don't care. I like swimming against the current not because I want to be different. It just happens when I disagree. Walking right even if the path is wrong.

6.
It's quite soothing the feeling. As each sentence is dropped by in here, it's like some weight is lifted and I can walk more freely. I even rehearse a smile.
Although I believe it is just because I am soon to leave the office and head home for a promising weekend, just let me think that the lines are responsible, sometimes it happens on mondays and the weekend is so far away.

7.
As God did, so shall I. In the seventh, we rest. It's my (our) day.

Um comentário:

dicionarista-embaçado disse...

It's wednesday. Only 49 days to change paths, glasses and jackets. Guess I'm on a half-full-jar feeling. The question is: will I rest on the 49th?

Man... guess we sleep like dogs do. A constant observance. No 'going with the flow', or the current... because that would be going backwards.